One blog post at a time

In 1994, Justin Hall created a site called Links.net, which is generally considered to be the first blog. The term "weblog" was coined in 1997 by Jorn Barger, and the short form "blog" became popular in 1999. Blogging began to gain popularity in the early 2000s, thanks to the rise of easy-to-use blogging platforms like Blogger and WordPress. That is around the time I started blogging. Some 20 years ago. I was fascinated to read the thoughts of ordinary persons other than the mainstream media. I could also participate with my comments. 3 years ago I created this new space and now today I have reached 200 blog posts on this new blogging space.

This is a milestone that I want to celebrate. It is a celebration of creativity and enlightenment. A triumph of the human spirit. It is time well spent in mindful pursuit. Life happens one day at a time. Thoughts and experiences turn into words that turn into paragraphs that turn into blog posts. A journey of a thousand miles begins with that first step. From blogging I wrote one book and I am writing another. I am guided by passion, commitment and purpose.

There are some things that come to my mind when I think about the role of (local) tech bloggers like myself. To educate and inform, promote discussion, create love and appreciation for tech and life, and encourage action. All in a relateable local and ordinary voice in a local context covering local topics also. Blogging is accessible and anyone can start a blog to get their voice heard and participate in the local and global think space. We are agents of change and progress.

The amount of blog posts I publish goes in waves. I am one of the few tech bloggers locally and regionally. I am committed to being an agent of change and positivity through sharing my writing while learning. I aim for quality over quantity. I share my stream of consciousness. I am a blogger. I am a writer. I am a storyteller. I create art with words. I am on a journey. An exploration of the world of tech and life. I bring the perspective of an islander. I am an island boy representing our aspirations one blog post at a time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep it going man, good work all round!

Popular posts from this blog

Let the flowers bloom again

Small island but big heart

My Experience Setting Up FLOW's TG2492LG-FLO WIFI Modem

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?

Society united now