Skip to main content

One blog post at a time

In 1994, Justin Hall created a site called Links.net, which is generally considered to be the first blog. The term "weblog" was coined in 1997 by Jorn Barger, and the short form "blog" became popular in 1999. Blogging began to gain popularity in the early 2000s, thanks to the rise of easy-to-use blogging platforms like Blogger and WordPress. That is around the time I started blogging. Some 20 years ago. I was fascinated to read the thoughts of ordinary persons other than the mainstream media. I could also participate with my comments. 3 years ago I created this new space and now today I have reached 200 blog posts on this new blogging space.

This is a milestone that I want to celebrate. It is a celebration of creativity and enlightenment. A triumph of the human spirit. It is time well spent in mindful pursuit. Life happens one day at a time. Thoughts and experiences turn into words that turn into paragraphs that turn into blog posts. A journey of a thousand miles begins with that first step. From blogging I wrote one book and I am writing another. I am guided by passion, commitment and purpose.

There are some things that come to my mind when I think about the role of (local) tech bloggers like myself. To educate and inform, promote discussion, create love and appreciation for tech and life, and encourage action. All in a relateable local and ordinary voice in a local context covering local topics also. Blogging is accessible and anyone can start a blog to get their voice heard and participate in the local and global think space. We are agents of change and progress.

The amount of blog posts I publish goes in waves. I am one of the few tech bloggers locally and regionally. I am committed to being an agent of change and positivity through sharing my writing while learning. I aim for quality over quantity. I share my stream of consciousness. I am a blogger. I am a writer. I am a storyteller. I create art with words. I am on a journey. An exploration of the world of tech and life. I bring the perspective of an islander. I am an island boy representing our aspirations one blog post at a time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep it going man, good work all round!

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...