Skip to main content

One blog post at a time

In 1994, Justin Hall created a site called Links.net, which is generally considered to be the first blog. The term "weblog" was coined in 1997 by Jorn Barger, and the short form "blog" became popular in 1999. Blogging began to gain popularity in the early 2000s, thanks to the rise of easy-to-use blogging platforms like Blogger and WordPress. That is around the time I started blogging. Some 20 years ago. I was fascinated to read the thoughts of ordinary persons other than the mainstream media. I could also participate with my comments. 3 years ago I created this new space and now today I have reached 200 blog posts on this new blogging space.

This is a milestone that I want to celebrate. It is a celebration of creativity and enlightenment. A triumph of the human spirit. It is time well spent in mindful pursuit. Life happens one day at a time. Thoughts and experiences turn into words that turn into paragraphs that turn into blog posts. A journey of a thousand miles begins with that first step. From blogging I wrote one book and I am writing another. I am guided by passion, commitment and purpose.

There are some things that come to my mind when I think about the role of (local) tech bloggers like myself. To educate and inform, promote discussion, create love and appreciation for tech and life, and encourage action. All in a relateable local and ordinary voice in a local context covering local topics also. Blogging is accessible and anyone can start a blog to get their voice heard and participate in the local and global think space. We are agents of change and progress.

The amount of blog posts I publish goes in waves. I am one of the few tech bloggers locally and regionally. I am committed to being an agent of change and positivity through sharing my writing while learning. I aim for quality over quantity. I share my stream of consciousness. I am a blogger. I am a writer. I am a storyteller. I create art with words. I am on a journey. An exploration of the world of tech and life. I bring the perspective of an islander. I am an island boy representing our aspirations one blog post at a time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep it going man, good work all round!

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

Thankful

It is 617pm and I have decided to write. Right now I am thankful. The cool of the evening has replaced the heat of the day. I took a bath and changed and now I am just relaxing. Sometimes I complain. Not often. But I feel bad afterwards because there is so much to be thankful for. There is always room for improvement and we have to identify the things for improvement and change is often good but we do not have to make it into complaints. Yeah I get it. Life is hard and none of us has it easy. Look on the bright side of things. And sometimes it is the little things that remind us that life is good. Things that we take for granted. Like I was coming in the maxi taxi today and heard a gospel song that was about gratitude. God does appreciate a grateful heart. Trinidad and Tobago celebrated sixty four years of independence yesterday and if we stop and listen to the many complaints we would swear we are living in the worst country in the world. That is not the case. We do get a lot of thing...

Installing NodeBB using Termux

This is the ChatGPT prompt I used to be guided Guide me through installing NodeBB using Termux (This took some time and patience to troubleshoot errors and implement workaround) pkg update && pkg upgrade -y pkg install proot-distro git curl wget nano -y proot-distro install debian proot-distro login debian apt update && apt upgrade -y apt install -y curl git build-essential ca-certificates gnupg apt update apt install -y imagemagick apt install -y redis-server redis-server --daemonize yes redis-cli ping mkdir -p /opt git clone https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB.git /opt/nodebb cd /opt/nodebb ./nodebb setup warn: NodeBB Setup Aborted.  Error: Could not load the "sharp" module using the android-arm64 runtime Possible solutions: - Manually install libvips >= 8.18.3 Force node to report platform as linux to get sharp to install curl -LO https://nodejs.org/dist/v22.23.1/node-v22.23.1-linux-arm64.tar.xz tar -xJf node-v22.23.1-linux-arm64.tar.xz mv node-v22.23.1-lin...