A labour of love

I have been blogging for many years although it seems like only yesterday that I started. I am an island boy. We might be from small islands but we have big hearts. There have only been a handful of times that I have been compensated for my blogging. This is my contribution to creating a better Trinidad and Tobago and a better world. There are not many tech bloggers or tech youtubers locally. I am inclined to think that people think that there is no money to be made in blogging and therefore a waste of time and effort.

There are many things that money cannot buy. The satisfaction and joy I get from blogging is priceless. It has been a labour of love for me. My passion for technology and my desire to use my talents in good ways keeps me going. It is a purpose-driven pursuit that exemplifies selflessness. Twenty years is a long time to be doing something. I continued to blog even when it was not trendy anymore. I smile whenever I come across other bloggers. We are kindred spirits.

It is easy for anyone to get started as a blogger. I encourage anyone to get started and see if you like being a blogger. When I started I saw a need for local voices. Ordinary voices that were different from mainstream media. There are challenges that I go through but you would not know. I do not like complaining and I face each day with a positive attitude and faith in God.

Blogging is a lot of work, but it is a labor of love. I love sharing my thoughts and ideas about technology and everything else with others. I am grateful for the opportunity to connect with others in Trinidad and Tobago and around the world. Steve Jobs has said, "The only reason to do great work is because you love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle."

I am a big fan of the band UB40. They have several albums named Labour of Love. Robin Campbell, UB40 guitarist, said, "We called it Labour of Love because it was a real labour of love to make. We spent a lot of time on it, and we wanted to make sure that it was perfect." Like UB40's music, my blogging has stood the test of time. I have been blogging for about twenty years, and I still love sharing my knowledge and passion for technology with my readers. I am grateful for the opportunity to connect with you through my blog, and I am excited to see what the future holds. Your love and appreciation is music to my ears. I invite you to be a part of my labour of love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the flowers bloom again

Small island but big heart

My Experience Setting Up FLOW's TG2492LG-FLO WIFI Modem

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?

Society united now