Laughter is free

What do you mean he is free? Who imprisoned laughter? How did laughter get himself free? Was laughter held on drug charges? I am sure you have heard them saying that laughter is the best medicine. Hopefully not like those hard pills to swallow that life sometimes gives us. What if we could make all medicine like those fun gummy vitamins. This cherry gummy here, this one's for sadness. Hope you feel cherry. Did I make you laugh yet? Not even a smile. What do mean to not give up my day job? I see. You are a hard nut to crack. I am nutty myself.

How was laughter born? Some scientists believe that laughter may have evolved as a way to bond with others and to signal that we are not a threat. Others believe that laughter may have developed as a way to release stress and to cope with difficult situations. I could just imagine laughter saying, "Ah you think laughter is your ally? You merely adopted the laughs. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the joke until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but staleness!"

Hopefully not as stale as the first joke ever made. Who made the first joke? What was the first joke? I bet you it was that time Adam gave Eve his funny bone and she got that apple-solutely delicious idea! The oldest known joke is a Sumerian proverb from 1900 BC: Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband's lap.

First they tell me laughter is the best medicine. Then they tell me laughter is contagious. Oh. So now laughter is disease. Go figure, I have been played. Let's spread some happiness today. Make someone laugh today. It costs you nothing. The best things in life are free. Mark Twain said, "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand." Is that why they are called stand up comedians? Take a stand! We are freedom fighters. Fighting to liberate the people from the humdrum of life that threatens to take laughter away. Free laughter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the flowers bloom again

Small island but big heart

My Experience Setting Up FLOW's TG2492LG-FLO WIFI Modem

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?

Society united now