Life is not fear

The beginning of this post was written last. Times while writing this blog post I had fears that it would not be as compelling as some of my other writing. The words did not flow freely and thoughts did not connect the way I wanted them to. Writing about fear had made me fearful. I would have to follow my own message. I will not further edit this blog post. I would not think about making any changes.

Sometimes we do everything right and things still turn out wrong. We want to give up before we try one more time. Why me? Why not me? When will it be my time? A multitude of reasoning about life being unjust to our efforts plays with our emotions. We think about getting lucky for once. We just want to hit that jackpot.

Jack Canfield is an American motivational speaker, author, and entrepreneur. He has said many times that, "luck is on the other side of fear". Canfield often uses this quote in his speeches and writings to encourage people to face their fears and take risks. He believes that the only way to achieve our goals is to step outside of our comfort zone and take action.

Some say that the only thing we need to fear is fear itself. My first instinct as I wrote that was to think, what about trouble, danger and wrongdoing? My friend Bard says that we can stay safe and keep on the right path with common sense, morality, empathy and self-respect. We could be guided by love and not fear.

Marnix Pauwels has given a beautiful talk called "No more fear of life". He describes himself as a lover of life. And this is the message I want to convey to you and me. We should love life and not fear life. Life is not about fear. Life is about loving life. Life is beautiful. He says in his talk that fear is just stories in our head. He shows us that we are not our thoughts. There is distance between us and our thoughts and our thoughts cannot harm us. Thoughts are not even permanent. His talk has encouraged me to not give my thoughts power over me. Trust life and be free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the flowers bloom again

Small island but big heart

My Experience Setting Up FLOW's TG2492LG-FLO WIFI Modem

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?

Society united now