Skip to main content

Everyone

This is a chapter from my third book called Love letters

There is no benefit to me to have hate in my heart for anyone. I love everyone. Everyone is going through struggles that we cannot see. Be kind always. Who knows it feels it. God is the ultimate judge. A person's intentions are between him and God. The often stated idiom goes, before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. We believe in God and the goodness of God and the power of prayers. As such it makes sense to pray for others instead of hate others. Guide and help others instead of hate others. Be happy for others instead of hate others.

I love everyone and that gives me true joy. My heart was made for loving. Love is the answer. God is the answer. God is love. We are one race and that is the human race. If we hate others then we will also be hated and this perpetuates a cycle of hate and creates more hate in the world. The ultimate goal of humankind is peace and to achieve the most amount of peace we need the most amount of love. Love is contagious and it has the power to transform lives and transform the world.

Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore has said that, "Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." Tagore believed in the power of love and that love is the essence of God and that it is the source of all goodness and beauty. He also believed that love is the only force that can truly unite us all. This is the kind of person and thinking that inspires and motivates me. It guides me and keeps me focused on the right path. It makes me want good and want to be good. And what I want for myself, I want for others. God loves everyone.

I was reading Sharon Salzberg's post on mindful.org titled "Love Everyone" and she shared a story from Jacqueline Novogratz. It was about a blue sweater that Jacqueline donated to Goodwill that she found five thousand miles away a decade later being worn by a little boy. As she put it, "I've held that story as a metaphor for how interconnected we are, how our action and our inaction can impact people we might never know and never meet, every day of our lives, all around the world." And look how that story has connected with me and has now connected with you. These are the ripples of human existence as I like to call them. Since we are interconnected and interdependent and we create ripples that can become giants, I would rather create a giant of love than a giant of hate. I love everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...