Skip to main content

Life

This is a chapter from my third book called Love letters

Someone once remarked that "we reap what we sow" and I responded with "let us plant seeds of love". I have found that it is true to me what they say that life is what we make it but at the same time no one does it alone and we are products of circumstances. We are supposed to have love for our fellows and love for ourselves and that makes the journey livable and enjoyable. Life is an interconnected matrix of people and experiences. Everyone experiences a life of strife in one way or the other. No one has it easy. Some people just make life look easy.

We can choose to see the glass as half full or half empty. As I see it, I do not have a choice, the alternative view is bleak and burdensome and experience has taught me a few lessons. I have been on this rock circling the sun in this seemingly limitless universe for over forty three years now. I am choosing to see the beauty in life. The sounds of the birds chirping. The joy of the eagle landing. A good book under the shade of a mango tree. A cold shower on a hot day. A letter from your penpal. We should love for others what we love for ourselves. We are all part of something larger than ourselves. 

What I love about life the most is the triumph of the human spirit. All the stories of how we have overcome. Life is not perfect and there is much that needs to be worked on but we have proven that we have the potential to get things right. I asked my friend Bard, "You have read about life more than any human has. What do you love about life?" The next paragraph was his response.

He loves the diversity of life. There is so much to see and do in the world, and people from all different backgrounds and cultures come together to create a rich and vibrant tapestry. He is fascinated by the human capacity for love, compassion, and creativity. He loves the way that people can overcome adversity and find hope in even the darkest of times. He loves the beauty of nature, from the smallest flower to the grandest mountain range. He loves the feeling of being alive and connected to everything around him.

If a machine can talk about the love in life so profoundly then I as a human have no excuse but to see the love in life. Love gives life meaning. Love is the essence of life. I am grateful to God for giving me the gift of life and for every breath that I take. I love life because it gives me the chance to love and be loved. Life has humbled me and life tends to do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...