Skip to main content

Sister

This is a chapter from my third book called Love letters

I think this will be the hardest chapter to write because we have lived apart for most of our lives and I do think that I could have been a better brother. My sister is two years older than me. She is more mature than me in some ways. She is braver and stronger and humbler and kinder and a better person than I am. We do share the same love for God. We found peace in God. We found that we could depend on God for the good times and to bring us out of the bad times.

My mom told me the comical story of when we were kids and she had left us home for a short while and she came home to find me being bathed with water from a bucket by my sister and I was bawling for mercy. I remember in primary school taking my sister's Shera bag and making it my own. My sister loved watching TV growing up. It was her escape and day dream and I was the one that was always moving the antenna to get the best reception. There were a few times when I would mess with the circuit board to get the TV working again.

My sister has known struggle more than I have. I love that she did not give up and kept up the good fight. I love that she sees the good in people. I love that she can make friends easily. I love that she is down to earth. I love that I can put these things into words and I wish for her the best in the future. I pray to God that your prayers get answered and that life is good to you. I give you a piece of my heart. You can count on me for support.

In twenty nineteen you posted to my timeline a graphic of a brother and sister embracing with the words "Your brother will never say he loves you but he loves you more than anyone else in the world". You also posted another graphic at another time that had these words "Brother - a person who is there when you need him; someone who picks you up when you fall; a person who sticks up for you when no one else will; a brother is always a FRIEND." Life is going to give us the opportunity to keep these words true and we are good friends. I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...