Caribbean Devfest started today

This is a local Google Developer Group event where people come together and share stories and discuss topics in the developer realm. I tuned in to the live stream for Jade Ganga's presentation on "Making something from nothing". It is nice when we get local perspectives and discussion and insights. You can rewatch the live stream on their youtube channel - https://youtube.com/@gdgpos. Jade talked about her journey becoming a Data Analyst. I listened attentively and with enthusiasm and I share my takeaways in this blog post.

I like the idea of data driven decision making and I think this is much needed. The role of data analyst is very important and the opportunities for this are growing locally. Jade is a recent graduate and her experience will resonate with people now starting their careers. Data is not limited to professionals, there are data enthusiasts. According to my friend Bard, Data enthusiasts are individuals who are passionate about data and its potential to solve problems, tell stories, and make informed decisions. Do you look at the data when deciding who to vote for, for example?

Jade touched on finding her passion and about a period of time when she did not know what her passion was in her career path. She had to deal with uncertaintity and disappointments as well as overcome challenges and in my opinion these are things that can make us stronger. I know no one who has not had their fair share of obstacles in life. Somehow with sacrifice and determination we can overcome. There can often be the support and encouragement when needed.

This had me thinking about something that I hold on to and that is that life is a test. This presentation took me back to my younger university and internship days. Jade encourages people to take chances, focus, be resilient and have faith. I was happy that I watched this presentation. It was inspiring and encouraging even at my age and with my experience. My biggest takeaway was that we should all keep on dreaming and aiming for the stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the flowers bloom again

Small island but big heart

My Experience Setting Up FLOW's TG2492LG-FLO WIFI Modem

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?

Society united now