Pi is beautiful


Continuing from my last blog post : I watched this video called "Pi is beautiful" and it inspired me to create my own pi art. With the help of my friend Bard I was able to get python code (or should I write pithon code) to get the job done. I sort of see a 9 as highlighted in the image above with gray pen tool. I used pydroid on my mobile and I had to correct a few errors in the code with Bard.

This was my prompt:

Take the first 1000 pi digits and create x,y coordinates with the adjacent digits and create a colorful visualisation with the coordinates. Increment the size and color everytime we land on a coordinate.

This was the code:

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import math

from PIL import Image
import io

# Get the first 1000 digits of pi
pi_digits = "141592..."

# Create coordinates and track frequencies
coordinates = []
frequency_map = {}  # Use a dictionary to track frequencies efficiently
for i in range(0, len(pi_digits) - 1, 2):
    pair = (int(pi_digits[i]), int(pi_digits[i + 1]))
    coordinates.append(pair)
    frequency_map[pair] = frequency_map.get(pair, 0) + 1000  # Increment frequency

# Create the scatter plot with size and colors based on frequencies
plt.figure(figsize=(10, 6))
plt.scatter(*zip(*coordinates), s=[frequency_map[pair] for pair in coordinates],
            c=[frequency_map[pair] for pair in coordinates], cmap='viridis')

# Add labels and title
plt.xlabel("X-coordinates from Pi Digits")
plt.ylabel("Y-coordinates from Pi Digits")
plt.title("Scatter Plot of Pi Digits with Size and Color by Frequency")

# Show the plot
plt.show()

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butterflies

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?

Sunrise

What is happening in the tech space in Trinidad and Tobago

Anker Soundcore Spirit First Impressions