Sunrise

This is a chapter from my fifth book called Freedom

Wake up and smell the sunflower. It is the start of a new day. Normally I would say wake up and smell the coffee but how else would I be able to continue from the last chapter of my last book. Funny thing though is that in actuality I have neither coffee nor sunflower to smell. I have to use my imagination. I do have the smell of hope though. I hope that we all get to experience happiness and freedom and peace. I hope that the world knows peace. We can work on this day by day. The joy is in the journey and not in the destination if that could make us feel better about not being there at the moment. They say that the sunrise gives us a ray of hope. That is true but we could also say that the sunrise gives us a day of hope. Another day to work on being better than before.

This book gives me the freedom to just write. Write about anything. And in any which way. I could be aimlessly wandering one moment then trying to explain how the internet works the next moment. I could be writing broken English one time to quoting the great philosophers the next time. I could be making perfect sense but then without warning I could be rambling. I do not like to ramble. I should not ramble. So maybe not rambling. Why must there be rambling? Am I rambling? Who knows where the wind will blow? The wind is needed to dry the clothes on the line. There is no required format. I just want to write with the glee I have for writing. I just want to be creative with the words I have. Not even that. There might not even be wants. There does not have to be any wants. What is freedom? What does it mean to truly be free? If we define freedom does that defeat the purpose?

Plot twist. It is not the start of a new day (as yet). It is the night before and I was so animated (maybe jubilant is a better word) for the start of this new book that I decided to get a head start. This is how I imagine myself at the start of tomorrow. I should go to sleep now. Fast forward several hours later. I did go to sleep. Sleep was pretty ordinary. I did not want to get up. What happened to the experience of a beautiful sunrise? I can't actually see the early sun rise where I live. I can see it after it goes above the roofs of the neighbors houses.

What do I smell? I smell grumpy people making their way to work as the cars pass in front of my house. Maybe I am the grumpy one for calling people grumpy. It takes one to know one so to speak. I hear the birds whistle. That is sure to make any grumpy person agreeable. Don't we all agree that nature is sunprising. Sunprising is a word I made up. A misspelling of surprising that has sun rising in it. It is the feeling of experiencing something for the first time even though we have experienced it for a thousand times. This is not my first sunrise. This is not the first time I have heard the birds whistle. But this is the first time I am freely writing about it. The freedom to make a big deal about the ordinary.

We made a big deal about the solar eclipse. Why don't we make a big deal about the sunrise sometimes? Well. I am certainly doing that today. I took a photo of the sunrise and I was lucky to get one at the same time a bird passed by. This is not the actual color of the sky with the naked eye but as if you wore some type of shades. I had to go into manual mode else the sunrise is hard to see. I have not eaten breakfast as yet. I have to go to the mini mart to get water, bread and eggs and a few other things. I am feeling for cola even though cola might not be good for me. What is freedom if you can't enjoy a cola now and again? If the sun had a brand of cola it would be called Solar Cola. And if trinis had a brand of cola it would be called Soca Cola. And just like that I am listening to Peter Ram's Good Morning. I think that song just disappeared the last bit of grumpiness in me. Show them how we does wake up. Show them how we does free up.

Sunrise photographed by Hassan Voyeau

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering

Mangoes

Winds

May

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?