Skip to main content

Wandering

This is a chapter from my fifth book called Freedom

I sit quietly with my thoughts in the middle of nowhere. I think of only the good. The rainy season is coming. The plants will be green like they should be. The flowers will be happy with the colors of thunder. The birds will dance at the sight of nature's growing abundance. The wind walks by with a smile on his face. The road home is winding. The smell of the ladies of the night plant echoes through the slumber of the night. The owl wants to know who sits here. The leaves have forgotten where they are going. They are content to just wander under the moonlight. The moon likes when we write poems about the moon. The moon snores loudly in tandum with the swaying of the clouds. The trees clap because it is breezy. Life should always be this easy. Words slowly drip from the leaves of contentment. The world of the bothersome we leave behind. Rivers become shivers. The night is cold. The mosquitos are bold. I hear the ocean sing about stories the waves have told. A dimble in time. Freedom does not cost a dime.

The energetic sun shines through the dusty window. The forever fan spins like a man without a plan. Morning has turned into afternoon. The pink painted walls are still asleep. In fact they are always sleeping. The spider wants to laugh at the squeaky door. Where does time go when it gets tired? All the mats sat on the floor waiting forever. Those shoes remind us of how far we have come. The bags have seen better days but have withstood the weight of time. The curtains try to explain why the rains have not come. But who can understand the language of the cloth? The clouds glance at the coconut tree. The coconut tree loves to play the guitar of embarrassment. Those ants are up to no good. The light switch feels useless during the day. The hum of gratitude fills the air. Memories sat on the chair. Through the window we stare. The fingers wander some more. The eyes wonder even more. What a lovely day. The holey shirt that loves to pray. What words would say? Freedom is here to stay.

Late night into early morning greets the soul that wanders. What thoughts are here to ponder? The noisy crickets make love with the quiet of the night. The beach at night is quite nice. The water is cold as ice though. The boats are anchored to their habits. Their adventure waits for the fisherman's shouting. Footsteps in the sand that lead to nowhere. I need more words that could fill this bottle. Words that can quench the thirst of letting go. Why must the nose ask where the wind goes? The wind casts a shadow between the trees of time. The moonlight on the sea is sublime. The heart of the coconut is in love with the sound of expectation. Words stutter when thoughts are climbing the mountain of a smile. We fall into the valley of sincerity. Do you hear the broken piano play? The sounds of clay in hand and water under feet. The vase of flowers looks on with amusement. The comfort of living free. Free to wander the highway to heaven. The smell of fish in the sea. We become the change we wish to see. Nonsense makes no fuss. Freedom lives in us.

*Started this chapter without being sure of what I wanted to achieve. Then in the end decided that it captures the essence of wandering that ties in with freedom. Does reading this chapter make you wonder? Does it make you ponder? Also have you come across the word sonder before?

*Sonder (noun). The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own. (The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...