Skip to main content

My notes from the book "Sick to fit"

My notes from this book. If you are interested in what I noted then give the book a read.

Free on Amazon Kindle - https://a.co/2bTlDVF

Fun and scientific
Life changer
Josh's story
Eating, moving and thinking right
I think my genetics and mental illness and meds makes it much harder to lose weight and get fit
Hope is important
Free on Amazon app
NAQ - naturally attainable quantities
Community is important
Eating to deal with problems
Pragmatism and self-love
More than a fitness journey, its a lifestyle journey
Avoid burn out
One step at a time
Don't fall into the perfectionist trap
Learn from failure
Overconfidence
Positive feedback loop
Results matter - it is the feedback we have
Beware of plateaus
Look for results that cannot be measured like happiness and curiosity
If when then plan
Unconscious vows and character decisions
NAQs answer the question, "does this question make sense"
The downside of living in our comfort zone
Find your community
You are what you eat
We should be eating primarily unprocessed plant food
Smart shopping for food and food choices
Nutritarians - people who make the best available nutritional choice under every given situation
The basis of a healthy diet is plants as close to their natural state as possible
Walking/running is good for the body, brain and mood
Muscle confusion
Stress (not the chronic type) is good for the body
Enter the stress/recovery cycle
Community gives us accountability, support and role models
Injury is real, pay attention to your body, do not overdo it
Believe in yourself
Every expert was once a beginner
Keep chasing hard, productive discomfort
Having a good mindset is important
Mistakes are learning opportunities
Failure + feedback + followthrough = growth
Delayed gratification helps with success
Have self-compassion on this journey
You are not alone
Get started and keep going

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...