Daily Coding Problem 6MAY2020

I am subscribed to dailycodingproblem.com. From time to time I will share problems I attempt and have a discussion around it. My solution might have bugs or might not be the most efficient but it would be my attempt. Feel free to criticise.

Today's problem I got

This problem was recently asked by Google.

Given a list of numbers and a number k, return whether any two numbers from the list add up to k.

For example, given [10, 15, 3, 7] and k of 17, return true since 10 + 7 is 17.

Bonus: Can you do this in one pass?

This was my solution in javascript. I am using the Javascript for Android app

var map = {10:1,15:1,3:1,7:1};
var k=17;
var result=false;

for (m in map) {
if (map[k-m] == 1) result=true;
}

console.log(result);

I used a hash table (problem did not specify that an array had to be used) where the values were the keys and made one pass, looking for the difference. I would say the time complexity of this solution is O(n).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the flowers bloom again

Small island but big heart

My Experience Setting Up FLOW's TG2492LG-FLO WIFI Modem

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?

Society united now