Skip to main content

Huawei IT Day + Cloud

I was excited to cover today's event and write for my blog. Also, attendees would have the opportunity to win Huawei Watch GT 2 and Huawei Bands. These events are put together to highlight trends and talk about the future. This one looked at some of the Huawei technologies including storage, server and cloud. The first event for the English Speaking Caribbean and Latin America Region. Huawei IT Day was established a few years ago, and has been held in other locations globally.

I setup my laptop on my bed and waited for the start. Using split screen, I had the livestream in one window and my note taking app in another window. I put a knot in my window's curtain and let the tropical sunshine illuminate my room. The first speaker carded was the CEO and Country Manager of Huawei's Trinidad and Tobago office, Jeff Jin.

School and work from home are common in these times. A lot of focus on digital transformation. One area to look at is data storage. There is a shift to more intelligent, simplified and all-flash data centers. Added to this is a focus on performance. Investment and innovation is how Huawei aims for staying on top in this space. The first presentation went over several points including technical items related to why choose Huawei's all-flash storage.

The question I posed on the webinar was, "In Trinidad, who would be the target consumer of Huawei's storage array?" The response was, "Huawei Oceanstor family is very wide and has been developed in order to cover from small business cross industry to the highest demand scenarios by being based on a flexible and modular growth architecture."

The next presentation was on Huawei server technology. Huawei has a wide portfolio here. Then we looked at a demo of Huawei cloud. A term I have heard was cloudification which means the migration of data and apps to the cloud. Their cloud website can be found at https://intl.huaweicloud.com/. The takeaway I got from this webinar was that if you are in the market for storage, server or cloud then consider the options from Huawei.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...