Skip to main content

Twenty Twenty Two

I love the feeling on old years night. It is part accomplishment for making it to the end of another year and part hope for what is to come in the new year. It is like how I feel after completing a 10 km walk. I want 2022 to be great. I want 2022 to be better than 2021. I want good things for the world. For my country. For myself.

It is that time of the year when many make resolutions. I would like to make some resolutions this year. I would like to continue eating healthy and losing weight. I would like to make more youtube videos. I would like to do more photography. I would like to clean up my laptop. I would like my body to be more active. I want to write more poems. I want to create more art. I want to write more blogs.

At the core of these resolutions is wanting to be a better person. To make good use of the time we have. The new year is an opportunity to turn things around. To start fresh. To let go of the things that might be holding us back. To give ourselves purpose and direction. We are right to want to celebrate the coming of a new year.

I like waiting for the ball to drop in Times Square. I like watching my favorite youtubers. I like something nice to eat and drink. I like following the excitement on social media. The air is filled with emotion. The neighborhood is noisy. The people are chatty. Someone is playing loud music. Some are having house limes. As much as we say no to fireworks, they continue. I hope noiseless fireworks become the choice going forward.

I am thankful for another year. I am thankful that I am writing this blog post. I am thankful for every person reading my blog. I welcome your feedback and let me know how the blog could be better for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...