What is a Visionary?

Today I asked myself two questions. What is a visionary? And am I a visionary? Before heading over to Google to get a good definition of visionary, I would say that I think a visionary is someone with good ideas of how things could be and yes, in that case, I see myself as a visionary. Especially in the tech space. In my video, My Views on the Tech Space in Trinidad and Tobago, I suggested that we were not listening to the visionaries.

According to Oxford dictionary, a visionary is a person with original ideas about what the future will or could be like. My definition was missing the keyword "original". And yes, I still think I am a visionary. In my youtube bio I call myself an ideas machine. So what do I do with all these ideas? I mention some of my ideas from time to time, especially when asked to give feedback, example, My Roadmap to Recovery Submissions.

Often time I hear persons say that we need more action and less talk, more doers and less talkers. I agree but at the same time let's pay attention to the persons making good sense. I can't walk into the Ministry of Education today and start doing as I please. I can give them feedback, which I recently did. I suggested work from home for ministry staff, etextbooks for students and independent websites and systems reviewers.

I am primarily a tech blogger these days. As far as I know I am the only local tech blogger. This is what I do. This is a good role for me. I see a role for tech bloggers in our digital transformation push. One of the things I do is make myself easy to contact. A former coworker messaged recently for some coding help. I was able to fix the code in short time. I invite you to contact me for tech related things. Maybe it is a blog post topic suggestion. Maybe it is a local tech visionary you want me to interview. Maybe it is some feedback on how things can be made better is some area.

Am I doing enough to promote my ideas? I would say no. This is where I can improve. I need to do some SEO work on the blog to make it more found. I need to grow my social media presence. I need to connect more with persons in the tech space. You can help me also by sharing this blog post with your circles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does the sun set?

What is the story behind the broken kite?

Surfing

What is love?

What is a beautiful word?