Skip to main content

What is a Visionary?

Today I asked myself two questions. What is a visionary? And am I a visionary? Before heading over to Google to get a good definition of visionary, I would say that I think a visionary is someone with good ideas of how things could be and yes, in that case, I see myself as a visionary. Especially in the tech space. In my video, My Views on the Tech Space in Trinidad and Tobago, I suggested that we were not listening to the visionaries.

According to Oxford dictionary, a visionary is a person with original ideas about what the future will or could be like. My definition was missing the keyword "original". And yes, I still think I am a visionary. In my youtube bio I call myself an ideas machine. So what do I do with all these ideas? I mention some of my ideas from time to time, especially when asked to give feedback, example, My Roadmap to Recovery Submissions.

Often time I hear persons say that we need more action and less talk, more doers and less talkers. I agree but at the same time let's pay attention to the persons making good sense. I can't walk into the Ministry of Education today and start doing as I please. I can give them feedback, which I recently did. I suggested work from home for ministry staff, etextbooks for students and independent websites and systems reviewers.

I am primarily a tech blogger these days. As far as I know I am the only local tech blogger. This is what I do. This is a good role for me. I see a role for tech bloggers in our digital transformation push. One of the things I do is make myself easy to contact. A former coworker messaged recently for some coding help. I was able to fix the code in short time. I invite you to contact me for tech related things. Maybe it is a blog post topic suggestion. Maybe it is a local tech visionary you want me to interview. Maybe it is some feedback on how things can be made better is some area.

Am I doing enough to promote my ideas? I would say no. This is where I can improve. I need to do some SEO work on the blog to make it more found. I need to grow my social media presence. I need to connect more with persons in the tech space. You can help me also by sharing this blog post with your circles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...