Skip to main content

Journey



My last blog post was my 100th blog post on this new blog space. It has been 2 years here. I have been a tech blogger for more than 10 years and a blogger for approaching 20 years. It has been an enriching journey. I do it for me. I do it for those that care. I do it for those that need it. I do it for those that appreciate. Sometimes I go through my archives. Memories of times past. Memories of the good times. To be here writing this and you reading this, means that we had to overcome all the hurdles so far. We are more than capable of succeeding at life into the future. So much to be thankful for.

Today is a holiday in Trinidad and Tobago. It is Eid and marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan. A month of fasting, reflecting, blessings and forgiveness. Let us forgive ourselves and others. Let us better ourselves and others. Let us travel the right path. The good path. Let us journey with purpose.

This month I turn 42 years old. I am wiser and stronger. I have plenty experience in the tech space and plenty more to contribute through this blog. There was no internet in my beginning years. In later years, I watched computing and the internet change the world and the way we live. It was called the information superhighway. We can travel the world and connect with people from around the world, all in the palm of our hands.

The other day I had to comment that we all win when each of us wins. We are in this journey together. We need each other. Let us celebrate our diversity and strengths and work together for a better world. My passion is technology. My strength is being an expert in technology. My contribution at the moment is this blog. The internet is my streets. These words are my footsteps. And in the words of Chris "Tambu" Herbert's calypso, the journey now start.

Comments

David Constant said…
πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...