Celebrating Steve Jobs

I have never owned an Apple device. Hopefully in the future that changes. The main reason? I just dont have the money for those. But that does not stop me from admiring Steve Jobs. Apple and Samsung are the leading smartphone brands in Trinidad. Apple is a hugely successful company and Steve Jobs has left a legacy. One of my favorite quotes from Steve Jobs is "Everybody should learn to program a computer, because it teaches you how to think." I have been calling for tech and coding to be made mandatory in our schools for the longest time, just like Maths and English.

Steve Jobs was born on the 24th February 1955 and left us in 2011 at the age of 56. Did you know that his middle name was Paul? He cofounded Apple with Steve Wozniak. His father was Syrian and his mother was German-American. He was adopted shortly after his birth. According to what I am reading on wikipedia, growing up Steve had difficulty making friends with children his own age and was seen by his classmates as a "loner". I can relate to being a loner. Jobs started his battle with cancer in 2003. In 2011 he left us. Steve's final words were "Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow."

I have been browsing the tweets on twitter and many persons are celebrating this great human being. He was a genius. One of the greatest minds of all time. He has changed the world. He was a leader. I could go on and on. His impact and legacy has certainly inspired me. Each one of us has the capacity to make a difference. We can be passionate about the things we do. We can dream. We can leave a positive mark on this world. I strongly think that the next Steve Jobs will come from Trinidad and Tobago or the Caribbean.

The key to being successful is to love what you do. See my blog post technology is my passion. Steve Jobs has said that he was lucky because he had found what he loved to do early in life. Love what you do and work smart. Dont be afraid of failures. Actually there are no failures, only lessons learnt. Steve often spoke about his lessons learnt and how he overcame. Sometimes bad decisions lead to good decisions. Share this blog and share in the comments below your memories of Steve Jobs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does the sun set?

What is love?

What is the story behind the broken kite?

What is a beautiful word?

Surfing