My understanding of life

I believe in God. I believe in an infinitely powerful higher Creator. I believe life is a test and if we pass this test we will be rewarded in the next life. I have asked myself but why test us? I dont know why. Maybe that why comes in the next life. I worship God so that I do not worship things in this world. I do not become a slave to this world. Why does God allow hunger, poverty, war, etc.? What if God asked us the same question? There is enough money, resources, knowledge, good people, smart people to solve our problems. Why do we allow it?

I don't think that riches is a blessings in the same way I don't think that poverty is a curse. We are all tested differently. When we are rich do we become boastful, wasteful and arrogant or do we become thankful, kind and generous. When we are poor do we become bitter, ungrateful and troublesome or do we become humble, hopeful and grateful. Our blessings and rewards come in the next life, not this life.

I do believe in separation of religion and state. I believe persons should have the right of choice as long as those choices do not infringe on other people rights.

I get the feeling that many persons are struggling to understand life. We want meaningful lives. We want life with purpose. We want to feel loved. We want to be appreciated. It is harder to appreciate life when things are falling apart. When life is hard. When bad things happen. I have found that when I cant find it on the outside I can look within. Persons hating on you. Who cares. Love yourself.

I like this quote that I found. "Life must be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards" said by Soren Kierkegaard. Sometimes I find a quote I like without knowing the person behind the quote and leave it at that. I take the message regardless of the messenger. Something told me I should find out more about this person. Maybe because the statement was such a profound one. I found out that Soren was a Danish philosopher. From the little I have read so far, I find his views interesting and I am challenging myself to learn more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes us beautiful?

What makes numbers beautiful?

How was my day?

Trinidad and Tobago Digital Readiness Assessment Survey

What word has no meaning?