Things that helped me as a coder

I have been thinking about traits of mines that have helped me as a coder and I am sharing. I think our traits are a combination of what we were born with and what we were conditioned and this is debateable. Over time we come to have strengths and weaknesses. I think anything can be learnt and unlearnt. Some things are harder for some than others. We play to our strengths and try to work on our weaknesses. 

I started young. We had a computer lab in secondary school. I developed a passion for tech and coding during secondary school. I am a problem solver and I think in terms of solutions. I would much quicker offer a solution than complain about something. I feel like I am naturally gifted and I was born with some talent. My mom let me choose what I wanted to be. I was not pressured to be a doctor or lawyer or something that I had no interest in.

I am persistent and patient. Sometimes debugging code will test you. I am creative. I am good at searching for answers and I ask plenty questions. I am good at following instructions and I am a good listener. I am fascinated by the way things work. I like building stuff. I think of all the possibilities. I am a minimalist and I want the easiest way to do things.

I learn quickly and I can learn on my own. Today it doesn't cost much to learn to code and be a coder. I am not motivated by money, I enjoy working with tech. One of my university professors in a recommendation for me described me as being extremely intelligent and quick in picking up new concepts. He said I was an independent learner and an outstanding problem solver.

I have not been doing much coding over the last few years so I am rusty. But it would not take me long to get up to speed if need be. If you are interested in becoming a coder check out my youtube video - Learning to code, programming tips. Also check out this code.org video - What most schools dont teach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How was my day?

What makes us beautiful?

Are zebras black with white stripes or white with black stripes?

What is euouae?

What word has no meaning?