Skip to main content

A message of hope

I came across a proverb today that says, "He who plants a tree today, plants hope". I found that it came from a poem by Lucy Larcom and I was motivated to write about hope. The proverb can be taken literally and figuratively. This is encouraging us to take action today for a brighter future. Trees take time to grow. Sometimes we have to have patience. There is another proverb that goes, "Take a step without seeing the entire staircase". Have faith and hope for the best. Have good intentions and hope for good outcomes.

Sometimes it is easy to become hopeless. To feel despair. To give up on our dreams. Don't give up. Don't lose hope. A breakthrough might be right around the corner. We have to think of things that within our control and take action accordingly and hope for the best. There is a growing body of research on the power of hope. For example, studies have shown that people who are more hopeful are more likely to achieve their goals, live longer, and be happier.

Small acts of kindness can give hope. When we give we will have the favours returned many times more. Plant seeds of love that grow into trees of hope. Trees that provide shelter from the storms of life. Love motivates us to do great things. Love gives us hope for the future. Love connects us with each other. Kind can be spelt as follows: Know that you are not alone. Intend to make a difference. Never give up on your dreams. Do something kind for someone else today.

Hope is powerful. It is the belief that things can get better, even when they seem hopeless. It is the motivation that drives us to keep going, even when things are tough. Hope is beautiful because it allows us to see the world in a new light. It helps us to focus on the positive, even when there is a lot of negative around us. Hope gives us the strength to persevere through difficult times and to keep working towards our goals.

I hope that the world unites for a better tomorrow. I hope that we help each other and move forward as one. We are stronger together. I hope that this message lights your soul with a flame of hope as it did mines. I hope that together, we can overcome challenges and create a future where love, understanding, and progress prevail. Let's carry these hopes in our hearts as we journey towards a world filled with unity and positive change. I take this message of hope and place it in a bottle and throw it into the sea of dreams.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love it,I'm on fire 😍

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...