Skip to main content

Art

This is a chapter from my third book called Love letters

Art has no rules. Art is freedom. Art is imagination. Art comes from the heart. Art is for dreamy eyes that dream to see the world in beautiful shades. If art could talk it would sing the praises of its creator. Art can be the start of great things. In school I was not good at art. I wanted my paintings to be like the paintings of other students, who were better at art than me, instead of finding and embracing my own style. Over the years I have fine tuned my philosophy and art. My art is simple and minimalist. My art revolves around love for life. If you start from the letter l in revolve and go left you get love. Art has been a revolution of my purpose that has left me fulfilled. Art has given me direction.

There was a time I would collect junk from the road when I would go walking and make art out of it. I wish I had done this more. I wish to return to this form of art. One man's trash is another man's treasure. The word trash has the word art in it if we look from right to left. Same for the word treasure. We can contribute to saving the world by upcycling and recycling. Trash art emerged in the early twentieth century alongside other avant-garde movements. According to my friend Bard, common themes explored in trash art include consumerism, waste reduction, environmentalism, and social commentary. We are better for seeing beauty where others look away. We can face our problems head on.

I love art with a good message. Like my art piece called "Some love" where the message is to take some love and share some love. Show some love. The word some is decorated with hearts. I find it artsy that both some and love are both four letter words that have the same vowel letters in the same place. So does the word hope. Once there is some love there is hope. Hope for a better world. Hope that things will get better. Is it any wonder that the word heart has art in it. If I take the phrase "art in Hassan" and squish it with some love, I get artisan. I am an artisan. I depart this chapter with what Robert Henri has told us that, "Art is love made visible."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...