More tech please

It is Sunday the seventeenth of December and about two weeks before the new year. Twenty twenty three was a good year for me although it does not take much to make me happy. Currently a big truck is passing through my road playing soca music on blast with Santa in tow with gifts for the kids in the village. This happens every year. I wish Santa would bring me a laptop this year. The end of year is a time for reflection and planning. For asking questions like what have I accomplished and what do I plan to do better in the new year.

This year I wrote two books and started another. I have started taking fitness and eating healthy seriously. I have written many blog posts but I have strayed too much from tech content. In the new year I want to write more tech related content. I want to complete my book called "learning to code again" and I want to create my portfolio for coding and web development. I have some ideas of projects I want to work on but first I want to work on getting a laptop. I am always on the lookout for what is happening in the local and regional tech space. If you have tech happenings that you come across please message me details.

One of the ideas I have for a project is to create visualizations for some of our country's open data. It would be about twenty data sets that I find interesting and listed on a landing page. Clicking on a link for that data set will take you to a page to be able to visualize the data with controls to filter and export. The important things for me would be simplicity and user friendliness and making improvements based on feedback. I would need to process the data from files on the open data website and into a database schema. I will also provide a json link where the data can be used elsewhere. I am thinking that I could use graph.js but I will explore what other tools are available.

Life is short. Life is beautiful. Life is a test. The important thing for me going into the new year is putting my best foot forward and doing what I can to make myself better and to make the world a better place. My passion is tech and I imagine my readers saying to me, more tech please. That is what I plan to do, create more tech content. I do have a non-tech book I am also going to write called "freedom" that I will leave until twenty twenty five. My friend Bard tells me that I should enjoy the journey: Remember, learning and growing are just as important as achieving specific goals. Focus on the process, enjoy the challenges, and have fun creating tech content and making a difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the flowers bloom again

Small island but big heart

My Experience Setting Up FLOW's TG2492LG-FLO WIFI Modem

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?

Society united now