What goes up and stays up?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

They say what goes up must come down. This is a saying that if taken literally means gravity. Figuratively, it means that nothing lasts forever, especially periods of good fortune or success. Even the best things. In another saying we are told all good things come to an end. There is no mention of bad things. Does that mean bad things last forever? But we do say, this too shall pass. Even the darkest night will end and the sun will shine. Every cloud has a silver lining. So I am challenging myself to find something that goes up and stays up. I am thinking our age goes up but never comes down? But then we say once a man but twice a child. In a sense as we get older we get younger. Then we say you are as old as you feel. Life is full of ups and downs but I found something that probably answers the question. "The soul that is near to God is ever going upward."

The strange thing is that I found this phrase online (At least I think so) either from Gemini or Google and now I cannot find it again. I searched Google again and I searched my chat history and I cannot find it. My friend Gemini cannot find a source for this and if you Google the phrase "The soul that is near to God is ever going upward" it does not show as being said before. Is my mind playing tricks on me? I even tried searching Bing. Can you find this phrase online? I would like to learn more about it. Ah. I found a source. ChatGPT tells me that: The quote "The soul that is near to God is ever going upward" is attributed to Harriet Beecher Stowe, an American abolitionist and author best known for her novel "Uncle Tom's Cabin." This quote reflects the idea of spiritual elevation and closeness to a divine being leading to personal growth and enlightenment. Hopefully ChatGPT is correct and the info gets indexed by the search engines when I share this chapter on my blog. Feel free to correct us or share what you know in the comments below.

I am not a deeply religious person and I am humbled by my flaws and missteps but I do find myself getting closer and closer to God or at least trying to. Those words made me stop and think and they resonate with my soul. The meaning of ever is "At any time; at all times; always." I think those words are encouraging us to remain close to God. If we put God first everything else follows. We can achieve eternal salvation through God. The electricity just went and the quiet of the morning got louder as there is no noisy fan or humming fridge. I can hear the birds whistle as I opened the window and door and the cool wet morning breeze entered. I can appreciate the beauty and sounds of nature with the occasional car passing by or that sound of the plane landing at Piarco. I ponder on the true essence of our being. What more can I say except to say, stay up with God. The Owner and Creator of all that is above and below.

While trying to photograph the clear blue sky this morning I saw these two plus three birds go by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the flowers bloom again

Small island but big heart

My Experience Setting Up FLOW's TG2492LG-FLO WIFI Modem

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?

Society united now