Where do rivers go?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

I started writing a chapter about how the pyramid was built? Maybe the Nile river knows. I started writing a chapter about what is the smell of success? Maybe that is at the end of the river of dreams. Then I thought, what if every sentence ended with art? Where do I start? Would it be smart? What message could this writer impart? Maybe destiny is the river of love in our heart. My writing was not flowing and those chapters would not be completed. Lost in the river of defeat. But where do rivers go I must know. I was determined to complete this chapter even if it was one page long. A river may meet with another river. A river may journey to the sky only to fall to ground to start again where it began. A river may end its journey in an ocean, a sea or a lake. Is not life like a river. A river goes where water goes and they say water is life. But does that mean life is like a river, you never know where it goes?

I like this quote from John O'Donohue, "I would love to live like a river flows, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding." It encourages us to go with the flow. Embracing the unknown. Trusting in the journey and the meeting of destiny with fate. I was in awe when I learnt that that quote was from his poem called "Unfinished Poem". Just like my unfinished chapters. In some places the quote is said to come from "Unfinished Poem" and in some places the quote is said to come from "Fluent". My friend Gemini says that while the exact origin remains unknown, it's likely John expressed this idea in a speech, essay, or perhaps an unpublished poem. Separate from this quote and from one of his books John says, "The unfinished is an invitation to our imagination." When I woke up today I had no idea I would be meeting John and so have you. According to wikipedia John was an Irish poet, author, priest, and Hegelian philosopher. He also devoted his energies to environmental activism. Maybe that is what I am supposed to take away from this whole experience. We are to protect the rivers. The river goes when pollution goes. Just like the pollution in the river must go. We should let go of the negativity that pollutes our life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does the sun set?

Surfing

Typewriter

Birds

Collector