Skip to main content

Where is the love?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

The world needs [more] love and the question suggests that love is missing. Where is love and how do we find it? Is love hard to find? Would we need luck on our side? Speaking of luck, the word cloverleaf has love in it. The leaves are also shaped like hearts. I read that the three leaves of the cloverleaf represent faith, love and hope. I have faith in God to bring back the love and I see hope in future generations. Love spelt backwards is evol. Love tells us that we must retrace our steps and evolve. Evolve into a better society. Evolve into better human beings. Be the change we want to see. Be kind. A r-evol-ution of ben-evol-ence is needed. Love makes the world r-evol-ve and go round. Round like the letter o. Life is a cycle. Life is a circle. God and love share the letter o. O for one. One love. O for origin. Love originates from God. We can find love through God. God is love.

To find love it would help to understand where we went wrong. How did we lose the love. I reason that we replaced the v in love with s. S for selfishness and v for values. Values such as compassion, respect and honesty. When I told my friend Gemini about this revelation he had this to say: You have identified something that is worth looking at. A shift in societal values towards a more self-centered approach. This shift can indeed hinder the development of strong, loving connections. The focus on individualism can overshadow strong social bonds and prioritizing the well-being of others. The fast pace of modern life can sometimes lead to a lack of time and energy invested in nurturing meaningful relationships. A culture heavily focused on acquiring material possessions can contribute to a sense of self-gratification, potentially overshadowing the value of genuine connection.

Where do we go from here? Re-kind-ling a sense of love in the world requires a collective effort. By focusing on values, prioritizing genuine connection, and fostering kindness, we can all contribute to creating a more loving and compassionate world. We must remember that the power to make a positive change lies within each of us. Maybe that is it. Eureka! I have found it. Love is not something out in the world that is lost and we have to find it and bring it back. Maybe love is inside all of us and our job is to set it free. This quote from Rumi says it better than I could even though maybe not intended to say what I am trying to say, "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...