Why does the ocean roar?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

This question sounds like one a great poet would try to answer. I am no great poet but I will try to respond beginning with a poem. Commonly people say that it is not the size of the ship but the motion in the ocean but I want to state as a budding poet that it is not the size of the pen but the poetry in motion.

I set sail today
Nowhere I could say
Feet caught in my words
Propelled by the winds like birds
The ocean came knocking
My soul was rocking
Time heard my prayers
No more roars in my ears
I conquered my fear
The calm is what I could hear

Sometimes we fear what we do not understand. What we are not used to. What is different. Sometimes we can only see the bad in something. Sometimes we are blinded by all the negativity we hear. The ocean can be a frightening place. The roar of the ocean can be daunting. But if we get to know and understand the language of the ocean we are no longer crippled by its majesty and power. Life is full of opportunities to step out of our comfort zones and take chances. To make new friends. To chart new courses. To explore new territory. To broaden our horizons. To be the captain of our ship. Don't let the roaring keep you from soaring.

If we think of all the times we have had to roar we might see things like the ocean does. Maybe the ocean is having a bad day. Maybe the ocean is frustrated with all the pollution. Maybe the ocean is having a conversation with the land about this pollution. Maybe the ocean is scaring the storm clouds away. Maybe the ocean is hungry and a hungry ocean is an angry ocean. Maybe the ocean is protesting the overfishing that is happening. Maybe the ocean is scared of us just like we are scared of it. This question is encouraging me to see beyond the surface and explore the deep meaning of things just like the depth of the ocean. There is also a humorous and fun side to things as well and hopefully I get to end this chapter with you having a good laugh or smile on your face with this joke on why the ocean roars? You would roar too if you had crabs on your bottom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the flowers bloom again

Small island but big heart

My Experience Setting Up FLOW's TG2492LG-FLO WIFI Modem

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?

Society united now