Skip to main content

What is an equation for life?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns


I was watching this youtube video today called "It's just a coincidence" and I went down a rabbit hole afterwards and made a few notes

The Srinivasa Ramanujan magic square was most fascinating. What is special about the number 139?

My research led me to this quote

"Coincidence Is God’s Way of Remaining Anonymous" - Albert Einstein

I noticed that the name Einstein has ein twice.

I learnt about the Einstein tile (nothing to do with Einstein. Just so happens that ein stein is German for "one stone" or "one shape")

So Einstein = one + st + one

Which led me to this quote

"We still do not know (one) thou(s)and(t)h of (one) percent of what nature has revealed to us" - Albert Einstein

st separates thou and h (see later thouGh-ts)

I could not find many quotes by Ramanujan but I found this commonly repeated one.

"An equation for me has no meaning, unless it expresses a thought of God."
Srinivasa Ramanujan

toG = thought of God
(t)h(o)u(G)ht = toG + huht

When I Googled huht I found an NGO in India called Help Us Help Them


Which lead me to this Einstein quote

"Man can find meaning in life, short and perilous as it is, only through devoting himself to society."

I present to you an equation for life

life = love × inspiration × focus × equilibrium

Love God, your fellow man and what you do
Be inspired by all that is good
Focus on what is important
Find balance in the holistic way

*Just realised in last quote that there is thou,G and h in "through" and s and t in "society" = thouGhts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...