What is love?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

It is 4am in the morning and I was thinking about what to write about. "What is love?" popped in my head and I ignored it initially and then I began seeing posts about love while scrolling through facebook. Then it occured to me that I could probably collect a page or two full of these and share them in my book as an answer to the question. This is proof that love surrounds us. We just have to pay attention. Love is the answer.

❤️

Love is not what you say. Love is what you do.

True love never dies. It only gets stronger with time.

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. (Charles Dickens)

Sometimes miracles are just kind people with good hearts.

Rules for happiness: something to do, someone to love, something to hope for. (Immanuel Kant)

Love does not need to be perfect. It just needs to be true.

Kind words dont cost much. Yet they accomplish much. (Blaise Pascal)

The only way to do great work is to love what you do. (Steve Jobs)

Hearts are way more attractive than faces.

We cant help everyone but everyone can help someone. (John Lennon)

A bad deed which you regret in your heart is one thousand times better than a good deed that makes you feel proud (Imam Ali)

You owe yourself the love you so freely give to others.

Allah tests us with what we love.

The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free. (Margaret Atwood)

Learn to let the things go.

A caring man is better than a handsome man.

Things are beautiful if you love them. (Jean Anouilh)

The biggest mistake we make is thinking we have time. Be present, be kind, love more and love now.

In difficult times carry something beautiful in your heart.

❤️

I saw two posts that were some posts apart. One said "Prove them wrong" and the other said "Focus on improving, not proving". Which has me thinking. We really ought to cherish the people that love us over the people that hate us. Prove the people that love us that they are right. Use the love we get and the love we give to become better persons. God knows us better than any person can and that is the most important measure of success. Success in the eyes of God. God is love.

*Just realised that today is the 19th. My chapter ended on page 119. I had selected 19 quotes from facebook. If you read my book Love Letters you would know about how 19+23 shows up for me.

*Haha. 19 called in play whe today. Maybe 23 will also call?

*I learnt that the 23rd April (next Tuesday) is National Lovers Day.

*On two days the following week. 19 and 23 played in the same day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering

Mangoes

May

Winds

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?