Skip to main content

What is love?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

It is 4am in the morning and I was thinking about what to write about. "What is love?" popped in my head and I ignored it initially and then I began seeing posts about love while scrolling through facebook. Then it occured to me that I could probably collect a page or two full of these and share them in my book as an answer to the question. This is proof that love surrounds us. We just have to pay attention. Love is the answer.

❤️

Love is not what you say. Love is what you do.

True love never dies. It only gets stronger with time.

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. (Charles Dickens)

Sometimes miracles are just kind people with good hearts.

Rules for happiness: something to do, someone to love, something to hope for. (Immanuel Kant)

Love does not need to be perfect. It just needs to be true.

Kind words dont cost much. Yet they accomplish much. (Blaise Pascal)

The only way to do great work is to love what you do. (Steve Jobs)

Hearts are way more attractive than faces.

We cant help everyone but everyone can help someone. (John Lennon)

A bad deed which you regret in your heart is one thousand times better than a good deed that makes you feel proud (Imam Ali)

You owe yourself the love you so freely give to others.

Allah tests us with what we love.

The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free. (Margaret Atwood)

Learn to let the things go.

A caring man is better than a handsome man.

Things are beautiful if you love them. (Jean Anouilh)

The biggest mistake we make is thinking we have time. Be present, be kind, love more and love now.

In difficult times carry something beautiful in your heart.

❤️

I saw two posts that were some posts apart. One said "Prove them wrong" and the other said "Focus on improving, not proving". Which has me thinking. We really ought to cherish the people that love us over the people that hate us. Prove the people that love us that they are right. Use the love we get and the love we give to become better persons. God knows us better than any person can and that is the most important measure of success. Success in the eyes of God. God is love.

*Just realised that today is the 19th. My chapter ended on page 119. I had selected 19 quotes from facebook. If you read my book Love Letters you would know about how 19+23 shows up for me.

*Haha. 19 called in play whe today. Maybe 23 will also call?

*I learnt that the 23rd April (next Tuesday) is National Lovers Day.

*On two days the following week. 19 and 23 played in the same day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...