Skip to main content

Why does the Earth hum?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

I found an article but before I started reading I devised my own answer. The answer can be found in us humans. Humans = hum + ans(swer). I will talk about the swer part later on. We humans create the hum of the earth. Do we want the hum of the earth to be one of painful sorrow or one of blissful contentment? We have a responsibility to take care of the Earth. Take care of the environment. Live in harmony with nature. To be mindful housekeepers for future generations. The article explains the hum scientifically and states that the hum of the earth is outside the hearing range of humans. The article explains that the hum is created by the ocean waves with the seafloor and Earth's crust. We may not be able to hear the hum of the Earth literally but we should be able to hear the hum of the Earth figuratively. Thich Nhat Hahn, the Vietnamese Buddhist monk and meditation master, when asked by some of his pupils, "Sir, what is the most important thing we can do for the healing of our world." He replied, "The most important thing we can do for the healing of our world is to hear, within ourselves, the sounds of the Earth crying."

As I am writing this chapter the rain has started falling. Seems like our dry seasons are becoming drier and drier. Whenever the rain appears he is celebrated and asked to stay longer. But will he stay when his mother Earth is not treated right? We can observe and feel the signs of global warming and our results of neglecting to take care of the Earth for too long. We are more concerned with profits and progress and comforts. I was curious what swer in answer (from the start of this chapter) could tell us. When I Googled the first results pointed to single-wire earth return. This is a low-cost electrical distribution system that provides electricity to remote areas from an electrical grid using a single-wire transmission line. Not directly related to answering the question but I figure that if we are truly grounded and wired with the love of God (Who is our eventual return) we would want to take care of the Earth and each other. We must open our hearts to nature. The Earth has ears (ear-th) and it hears. What does it hear? The hear-thbeats of each one of us. Our hearts combined create the heartbeat of the Earth. Imagine with 8 billion hearts beating together what can be achieved. I read that the sound of the earth can be heard on the moon.

I recently entered a photo contest. This was my entry in the Nurture Nature category as an amateur.


Title - Mother nature

Caption - My mother's flowering plant in our yard. Let us ignite that love for nature in all of us. This fiery bloom resembles the passion we should have for preserving the balance of nature. We cannot plan for the future if we do not plant for the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...