Skip to main content

Being a Manchester City fan

I am not remembering the thing that made me become a Man City fan but I remember supporting the winning Inter Milan at the 2010 champions league final. I was in Tobago that day. The jersey came off. The shouting at the TV was real. It was the day before my birthday. The next day I was on the ferry to Trinidad and Monday was the general election.

Mario Balotelli was on that team. Then I remember becoming a Manchester City fan and Mario was there also. I followed Mario to the EPL. There are plenty support for EPL teams in Trinidad. I was accused of being a bandwagonist in the earlies but I have been a fan for 8 plus years now. Banter among fans is part of football although I am not participatory.

I am the type of fan that watches every game. I am not into the analysing and stats and strategy. I am mostly on it for the fun and support. I am there for the highs and lows. The last minute goals. The almost had it moments. The tears. The fist pumps. The fight until the end attitude. The smile at seeing someone wearing a Manchester City team jersey in Trinidad and Tobago.



In my lifetime I would like to see us win the Champions League. Pep is the right person to make this happen. Then I would like to see a trini playing for Manchester City one day. I have the Manchester City jersey with the previous crest with the golden eagle. I bought it at Francis Fashions. It may be fading and older now but my love for this team in my heart is stronger and stronger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...