Skip to main content

Anker Soundcore Spirit First Impressions

I was without headphones for a few weeks now. It feels strange to actually be using headphones once again. I set out to purchase a pair of wireless earbuds. I looked at the options from two shops and settled on the Anker Soundcore Spirit from Roc Boyz in Chaguanas. I mostly didn't want to spend too much money and was guided by this. There are some seriously expensive wireless earbuds if money is not a problem. I was content with the reviews and Anker is a brand I trust. They make sturdy and competitive budget devices.


One downside of using wireless earbuds is that I cannot use the ota radio app on my phone. The wired headphones are needed as an antenna. These days I am listening to Spotify and when I came home I quickly retired to my room with the AC on high and turned on some African music from Putomayo. Time to escape to a far off land and write this first impressions for my blog.

I had to use the large tip for my right ear as my right ear was slacker. The earbuds now fit comfortably in my ears.  Good amount of bass but I use the equaliser in my phone settings also. Budget price and you get what you pay for. I don't like that Roc Boyz only gave me 7 days warranty. I tested the device before I left the store to make sure it was working. Sturdy build. The earbuds come with a neat snap close travel pouch. 8 hours of playtime is great for me. I plan to use this while working out and doing work around the home. No problems connecting through bluetooth. It doesn't come with a charging brick but this I don't mind.

I am happy with my purchase and I will be putting it to the test when I move around my home free from wires. Sometimes I like to have DJ and dance sessions using my laptop and pulling tunes from youtube. Sometimes I watch whole UB40 concerts and pretend I am on stage. A nice way to get some much needed exercise for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...