Skip to main content

Writing with a purpose

The world is filled with persons performing different roles and functions. Writers and bloggers have their job also. I see my purpose as a local tech blogger to educate and inform. I make myself easy to contact and my comments are open for discussion. I consider all sides and I provide a local perspective.

The media needs more tech coverage and more tech writers. Tech should be given as much space as sports. There are not many local tech bloggers. I write about things that I would want to read. I created a space that I am looking for. The increasing democratisation of the internet is meaning that we want anyone to be able to start a blog. Our voices matter and we don't have to depend only on mainstream media.

I started blogging some 20 years ago before social media was popular. My first blog was called HAVEWORLD which was short for Hassan Voyeau's World. Then came TECHTT and then The Tech Remix. I have now settled on this space, Trinbago Techie, for the past 3 years. I have learned a lot. The more I write the better I get.

The other day I was asked on twitter about my writing process and I responded with, I keep it simple. I use Keep Notes where I jot down points. I do my research. Sometimes I ask for feedback. I create a draft that I refine then post. My writing is simple so that even the man on the street can understand. I try to remain personable and relatable. It helps that I am passionate about tech and making the world a better place through tech.

I found that writing is a way for me to express myself and be creative. Writing makes me question things. Writing makes me look at things beyond the surface. How can I share my beautiful mind with the world? I write. Words have power. Our writings and the content we create will outlive us. I write because I can. I can make a difference and so can you. I want to encourage others to join the local tech blogger space. I found this youtube, Why Write, and it resonnated with me. I feel the same way as him even though we write in different spaces and on different topics. I feel like at the core all writers are the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

Nur al-Quran

It is 1037am and I have decided to write. I have been listening to the Quran more and more. I have also been trying to learn Arabic casually through social media. I am nearing the end of my second reading of the English Quran. The Quran is the word of God and God also tells us to follow the sunnah and life of the prophet (pbuh). The Quran is a miracle. The more I interact with the Quran, the more complete I feel. It gives my clarity. I have a purpose. I have goals. I have things I should be doing. Islam is a way of life and it builds character. Sometimes I listen to the Quran to forget about this world. This world is not my home. My home is in the hereafter and God willing in heaven. The more I draw closer to the Quran, the more beauty I see and hear and feel. Same goes to God. Same goes for the life of the prophet (pbuh). Same for Islam. If these are all the things I have in this world, I am happy. Reminds me of one of the duas I say daily. I am content with Allah as my Lord, Islam as...

Rain

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for the rain. It has just started raining here. I can hear the pitter patter on the roof. I can see the dimmed light through the window. The greenery in the yard is enjoying every chance of rain. The days have been extra hot this year. They say we are experiencing a super el nino in Trinidad. Given this every bit of rainfall feels special. Water is life. Without water there can be no life as we know it. Rain is part of the water cycle. Rain falling is like therapy. A calm state comes over my body. My mind relaxes. I appreciate my home and my shelter to keep me dry and safe. The rain is mentioned as a sign from God in the Quran and how it gives life to a lifeless land. The rain complements the sunshine as part of nature's balance. Sometimes we have to endure storms and floods and even droughts but there are lessons in these events. Community spirit is heightened and our...