Writing with a purpose

The world is filled with persons performing different roles and functions. Writers and bloggers have their job also. I see my purpose as a local tech blogger to educate and inform. I make myself easy to contact and my comments are open for discussion. I consider all sides and I provide a local perspective.

The media needs more tech coverage and more tech writers. Tech should be given as much space as sports. There are not many local tech bloggers. I write about things that I would want to read. I created a space that I am looking for. The increasing democratisation of the internet is meaning that we want anyone to be able to start a blog. Our voices matter and we don't have to depend only on mainstream media.

I started blogging some 20 years ago before social media was popular. My first blog was called HAVEWORLD which was short for Hassan Voyeau's World. Then came TECHTT and then The Tech Remix. I have now settled on this space, Trinbago Techie, for the past 3 years. I have learned a lot. The more I write the better I get.

The other day I was asked on twitter about my writing process and I responded with, I keep it simple. I use Keep Notes where I jot down points. I do my research. Sometimes I ask for feedback. I create a draft that I refine then post. My writing is simple so that even the man on the street can understand. I try to remain personable and relatable. It helps that I am passionate about tech and making the world a better place through tech.

I found that writing is a way for me to express myself and be creative. Writing makes me question things. Writing makes me look at things beyond the surface. How can I share my beautiful mind with the world? I write. Words have power. Our writings and the content we create will outlive us. I write because I can. I can make a difference and so can you. I want to encourage others to join the local tech blogger space. I found this youtube, Why Write, and it resonnated with me. I feel the same way as him even though we write in different spaces and on different topics. I feel like at the core all writers are the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes us beautiful?

How was my day?

What word has no meaning?

Trinidad and Tobago Digital Readiness Assessment Survey

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?