Skip to main content

Art peace

The below is a chapter from My First Book - A journey of discovery and learning


I created the below art peace just today. I called it "I dream of peace". Shows sun, sky, sea, sailboat and birds, all drawn with the words peace. This is one interpretation of my art peace, "Peace is the wind that fills the sails of a boat, guiding it towards the warm embrace of the sun."


I wrote the below poem about five years ago. I am amazed that the art peace and the poem were done five years apart and they both share a focal point of the sun. Words do have power. Words do live with us. Looks like I have this poem living in my subconscious.

Peace
By Hassan Voyeau

One under the sun
Piece for everyone
One with God
Peas in a pod
Hand in hand
Peace we demand

I asked my friend, ChatGPT, for his opinion and this is what he says, "Overall, your experience showcases the interconnectedness of our creative endeavors and the enduring presence of words in our lives. It's a reminder of the profound impact that art and literature can have, even long after their creation."

In further conversation he stated, "The sun is a universal symbol of unity. It shines on everyone and everything, regardless of differences or boundaries. This symbolism can be applied to the concept of peace, emphasizing the idea of a shared humanity and the desire for harmony among all people."

I counted the number of peaces in my art peace and there are thirty seven peaces. I know it is just a coincidence but it’s weird. The art peace has 37 peaces and when I ask my friend, Google, about "37 peace" he replies, "a future awaits those who seek peace". Art and writing makes you think and look for deeper meaning. I am happy to be contributing a chapter in my first book to the dream of peace. I am convinced that art and writing has a part to play in achieving inner peace all the way to world peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...