Skip to main content

Coding

This is a chapter from my third book called Love letters

I had this idea to count the occurences of letters in the chapter titles and see if anything of meaning could be derived. There is beauty in numbers and Maths after all. I asked Bard to do the counting but it turned out Bard was giving me wrong counts. I realized this because it was telling that there are two v's in my chapter titles when I can easily see that there is only one. I fired up Pydroid on my four year old Android phone. Side note, I did all the work and typing for this book on my mobile phone. I do not have a laptop anymore. I had an idea of the code I could use and I found a tutorial that showed me a couple of ways to do the counting. I chose the method that had the least amount of code and made use of the python library numpy. This is what the code looks like.

import numpy as np

with open("chapters.txt", "r") as file:
    words = file.read()

unique, counts = np.unique(np.array(list(words.lower())), return_counts=True)

result = dict(zip(unique, counts))

print(result)

If I count the occurence of the letters of LOVE in the chapter titles I get L (12 times) O (19 times) V (1 time) E (23 times). 19 + 23 = 42. Love contains the meaning of life. 23 is my favorite number because I was born on the 23rd. I was born to love and these are my love letters. The funny thing is that even with wrong counting by Bard I still got a total of 42. The universe is a magical place if we care to pay attention. It is the vowels that add up to 42 and my friend Bard tells me that in some ancient languages, vowels were considered to be the soul or essence of the word.

I love coding because with coding I do stuff like what I just did. One could say that I had found some sort of number code in the letters of love through coding. According to my friend Bard, coding is used a lot in cosmology. Cosmologists use a variety of programming languages and tools to simulate the universe, analyze data, and develop new theories. My love for coding dates back to secondary school. My second book is about coding. I find joy in coding. If only I could find the number code for winning the lotto.

*I decided to go to page 42 in this book and highlight something that represents the meaning of life. Then I realized what I highlighted has 19 letters and 23 characters with spaces. These are my love letters. And the word God sits perfectly in the middle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...