Skip to main content

Dreams come into reality through imagination

Last night I woke up from a dream at the point where I was telling someone in the dream that "dreams come into reality through imagination". I went to Gemini to see if anyone was quoted as saying this. There was no one. Through Google I found an article that led me to a Steve Harvey motivational video "Imagination is everything" which led me to Albert Einstein's thinking on imagination and curiosity. Einstein said never lose a holy curiosity. He also said that knowledge is limited but imagination encircles the world. Then I started to think "what are my dreams?" I don't know that I have any dreams. I just want to be happy and content living a simple and peaceful life. But I was reminded of this blog post I wrote almost six months ago - Let us dream together

I am glad that I got this reminder. It makes sense. My dream was meant to guide me to what I had written and not forget what I had written. Let me remind myself of my dreams.

1. Getting fit and strong. I need to lose weight. I love walking.
2. Finish my book on "learning to code again". This has proven to be challenging because I don't have a laptop but I also don't necessarily need a laptop but I keep telling myself that the book would be better written if I had a laptop.
3. Building a youtuber studio. This one certainly requires my imagination. I need to spend some time imagining what a dream youtuber studio of mine will look like.
4. Being the best human being I could be (a better Muslim). I think this is the most important one. Ramadan is just a few days away and this is the perfect time for me to reflect on this. Become a good human first and everything else will follow. Put God first and everything else will follow.

I challenge myself to (continue to) use my imagination to guide my thoughts and actions. I just realized that eight days after I wrote "let us dream together" I wrote "letter to the future me" where I used the words imagine and imagination several times. Somehow I realized back then without thinking about it like I am now doing that dreams, imagination and reality (DIR) are related. Dir is short for direction. Imagination is our compass. Compass is the start of compassion which leads me back to "be a good human firstly". I am glad that I am able to write like this where I can come back to what I wrote because otherwise it might be lost to time.

*I just realised if I write "be a good human firstly" I get 19 letters and 23 with spaces

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...