Skip to main content

Letter to the future me

Dear future me,

I hope that life is treating you well. No one knows what the future holds. We hold on to our memories. We hold on to our dreams. We hold our hands in prayer. The future is yet to be created and the possibilities are infinite. I use my imagination to pen this letter to you.

Albert Einstein once said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to what we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for encouraging me to think of a bright future. You could see the light at the end of the tunnel. You knew that the sky is the limit. You saw my potential. Thank you for believing in me, even when I didn't believe in myself. I am so lucky to have you as a friend.

I think about you often. I have heard good things about you. I cannot wait to meet you. The world wants to meet you also. I encourage you to write back. Leave me signs along the path my feet take. Discourage me from doing wrong and push me to stay on the right path.

I have many questions. What is the future like? Is your hair still long or did you cut it. Are you eating healthy? Are you exercising? Did you find your pot of gold? How's the weather? Did aliens make contact with us yet? Did Marques Brownlee discover your blog yet? I also have some advice. Do not regret. There are no regrets, only lessons learnt. Do not wish for the good old days. Live in the moment because life is short. I plan to enjoy the journey up till the day we meet.

I imagine your world being a place where AI and robots help us to do the work that we need to do, so that we can focus on the things that matter most. I imagine Trinidad and Tobago as a thriving democracy, where everyone has a voice and a chance to make a difference. I imagine you as a beacon of hope and inspiration for others living with mental illness, showing them that they are not alone and that they can achieve great things. Our life is a gift worth sharing, and I am grateful for every moment.

Love,
The past you

[3390660]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...