Skip to main content

What is the colour of laughter?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

If you have a question there is a good chance someone else has the same or similar question. No surprise when I Googled and someone asked the same question on Quora.

I would like to suggest that the colour of laughter is yellow and I present to you my comical proof or rather spoof.

Emojis are yellow

Maybe lol stands for lots of lemons. They say when life gives you lemon, make jokes out of them.

So yellow again.

If I crack a joke I get a yolk.

Yellow again.

I used to be afraid to share my jokes. My belly was yellow but now I am hungry for the stage.

Yellow is a jolly good fellow.

Inside some golf balls are yellow. Those are inside jokes. Looks like a swing and miss and that joke went over your head.

Corn is yellow and my jokes are corny.

When the sun shines it's sunny but when the sun laughs it's funny.

I am not the funniest bulb around. I am running out of ideas.

The bee told me, "honey you are not funny but as long as you got money together we can laugh all the way to the bank."

My readers are quiet as a mouse. Must be tired of my cheesy jokes.

Why is no one laughing? I must be a quack.

Will the real comedian sun shady please stand up.

These jokes are the highlighter of my career.

She said my pick up lines are like banana peels and I fell for you.

I better put a caution tape around my jokes.

My jokes are so bad instead of going over your head they are landing on your head.

Better wear a yellow construction hat.

I heard one of my readers yell ow! He bumbed his toe on that last joke.

My jokes are a work in progress and this is a construction site.

QEDT
(Question Every Damn Thing)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...