How does the sun set?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

This is the final chapter of this book. I imagine myself standing on the pigeon point jetty in Tobago. I imagine myself with camera in hand waiting for the perfect sunset. The day was long and this was a fitting end to a day of adventure. All good things must come to an end. Endings make way for new beginnings. The sun sets on our part of the world but rises in another part of the world. It is the cyclical nature of life. The waves gently come to shore and the tourists take their last dip in the sea. Life is full of ups and downs and everything comes in waves. A year ago I had no idea I would write this book but here I am today writing the final chapter. Soon I start my next book called Freedom. The sunset frees us from the heat of the day and brings the cool of the night. It quiets the mind and prepares us for the resting of our soul. A year ago on this day we were celebrating Eid. This year we celebrated Eid last week. Next year we would love to experience another Ramadan and Eid. But nothing in life is certain which might well be the only certainty. Beau Taplin has told us that, "Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful too." I was looking for a pigeon point sunset of mines to include with this chapter but the one I could find had a low resolution. I did find this photo of a sunflower I took in August of 2018. I read that sunflowers move east to west with the sun's direction which is called phototropism. I like what Martin Firrell says, "The road to freedom is bordered with sunflowers." So, how does the sun set? By letting go of the day and embracing the night. We too must let go of our past and embrace the future. The future of our dreams. And the future is created by living in the present.

Sunflower photographed by Hassan Voyeau

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering

Mangoes

Winds

May

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?