Skip to main content

What book do I write next?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

I find myself writing with God on my mind more often. I decided to count how many times I have used the word God in this book so far and counted 42 times. There is that number again. A geeky coincidence for all the fans of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I have never seen that movie except maybe some pieces of it. In May I will be 42+2 years old. I find myself asking God to guide and protect us more and more. I closed my eyes and selected a surah and verse from the Quran. I got surah 93 verse 4 - And surely what comes after is better for you than that which has gone before. I take that as a good sign. Surah Ad Duha (The morning hours) was revealed to prophet Muhammad (pbuh) after not receiving a revelation for 6 months. This caused depression and the surah was welcomed hope for him (pbuh). We too can find similar comfort in these verses. This surah has 40 words. This has me thinking about what is next for me in this life.

I have found something I really like in writing. I am passionate about writing and writing these books. I have an internet connection and a smartphone and God gave me a beautiful mind. I have purpose and I have guidance and I aim for meaning. This is the 34th chapter of this book. I had no idea how many chapters this book would have until now. I am going to write 9 more chapters. 9+34 will give me 43 chapters in this book. A chapter for each of the years I have made so far. Earlier on I was thinking about the next book I will write. Would it be this year or next year? I got some ideas for my next book while writing this book. But my heart is set on making "Freedom" my next book title and starting it this year right after this book. I will just reshare a paragraph from my last book where I mentioned the idea for this book:

Writing gives me freedom. I have decided on the title for my fourth [now fifth] book already. It will be called "Freedom". It is about me having the freedom to write about anything. It is about me being free with my words. It is about me learning about new things and sharing what I learn. It is about me exploring different countries of the world. It is about me finding wisdom in the ordinary. It is about me asking questions and seeking answers. It is about me doing all of these things or none of these things. I will not be bound by my plans for that book. It can be anything and that is how I will approach each day and each chapter of that book. The freedom to just write.

In my last chapter I talked about wisdom and in this chapter I talked about freedom. I notice that both words end with -dom. I asked my friend Gemini, "Both freedom and wisdom end with -dom. Is there any meaning to this?" He replied, "So, while the "-dom" ending creates a parallel sound, it doesn't hold any specific meaning related to the concepts of freedom and wisdom themselves. Here's a more meaningful connection: The idea that wisdom can lead to freedom is a common theme in philosophy and spirituality. By gaining knowledge and understanding, we can free ourselves from ignorance, fear, and limitations. So, while the "-dom" ending might be coincidental, there is a deeper connection between the concepts themselves."

*I just realized that this was actually supposed to be chapter 33. I made a mistake. Maybe there was meant to be a missing and unwritten chapter 33. Maybe that chapter will be added at a later date.

*This is my 343rd blog post on this blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...