Where is the end of the internet?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

Sometimes I feel like I have reached the end of the internet. I have seen it all. There is nothing else to see and do. But where is the end of the internet? Is it a magical place like the end of a rainbow? Does the end take us back to the beginning? Maybe the internet is like the universe and it is infinitely big and there is no end? https://hmpg.net/ claims to be the end of the internet. Now that I have reached the end of the internet they suggest reading a book or planting a tree. I came across this article a Verge writer did in 2013 about the year he came off the internet for a year. It was a sort of case study to learn what it would be like to disconnect from the internet for a year and learn what the internet had done to him. From what I gathered he realized it was not the internet's fault. It is just a tool and we have to make the most of it. There are traps in the offline world in the same way we think of traps in the online world.

At first I was like "the end of the internet" is abbreviated teti. A Google search led me to King Teti of Egypt and the pyramid of Teti. But then I realized that it should really be teoti and that led me to Teotihuacan in Mexico City where there are pyramids. The city's name translates to "the place where the gods were created". Soon after I discovered the information pyramid which shows the relationship among data, information, knowledge and wisdom. Data being at the bottom of the pyramid and wisdom being at the top of the pyramid. Maybe we are meant to find wisdom at the end of the internet. I even saw where some have placed the internet at the bottom of Maslow's pyramid. Something we prioritize above everything else even before physical needs. While I search for wisdom and the end of the internet, I come across pieces that suggest the internet and lately AI means the end of wisdom. And what about this Quora question, "Does the Internet falsely encourage the belief that everyone is a universal expert, source of infinite wisdom and comic genius?"

Coincidentally when I searched for "Finding wisdom at the end of the internet" I found this book called the Wisdom Pyramid by Brett McCracken. In an interview he says, "Wisdom is knowing where you're going and sticking to that. Foolishness is straying off the path and being susceptible to people calling for your attention on the periphery of the path." The web link describes the book as, "Helping believers navigate today’s media-saturated culture, Brett McCracken presents a biblical case for wisdom. Using the illustration of a Wisdom Pyramid, he points readers to more lasting and reliable sources of wisdom—not for their own glorification, but ultimately for God’s." I went looking for the end of the internet and found a reminder about God's wisdom. In the end we have to face God and that is true wisdom.

*You may be like me and wondering what hmpg stands for? It stands for HoMePaGe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering

Birds

Typewriter

Collector

Surfing