Skip to main content

My dream shoes

I had a dream and in that dream some people were laughing at my shoes. I asked them, what would you pay for the (absolutely) most comfortable shoes in the world designed specifically for your feet? We talking custom made baby. Engineered to perfection. You would probably pay a lot. As much as you could afford. You see, these shoes might not be the best looking shoes (to you) but they are certainly comfortable to me. I immediately woke up and decided that I had to share my dream and thoughts in a blog post. The moral of the story (and my dream) is that no one shoes fits all sizes. I relayed my dream to my friend Gemini and this is what he had to say.

He said that my dream about comfortable shoes perfectly illustrates the subjectivity of taste and the importance of valuing personal experience. While others might judge my shoes based on their own aesthetic preferences, they miss the point: my comfort is paramount. By asking what they would pay for the most comfortable shoes imaginable, you highlight the value of that personal experience, even if the shoes are not conventionally stylish. Ultimately, my dream emphasizes self-acceptance and prioritizing your own well-being over the opinions of others, reminding us that true value lies in personal comfort and happiness.

I am reminded of this quote. "The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no one standard for good living." - Carl Jung. My friend Gemini tells me that this quote beautifully captures the essence of my dream. It emphasizes the subjective nature of what is "good" or "comfortable" and how it varies from person to person. Just like my shoes, what works for one individual might be a source of discomfort or ridicule for another. It highlights the importance of individual preferences and the need to value one's own experiences over the opinions of others. We live in a world where we are so judgy of others without having walked in their shoes. There is a proverb that goes like this, "Do not judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes."

I like equations and I noticed that my name contains the letters for shoes. Hassan Voyeau = shoes + aanvyau (uyn + aava*). In trying to figure out what the remaining letters could spell, I found a shoe brand called UYN which stands for Unleash Your Nature although my friend Chatty tells me it stands for Uniquely Your Nature. The company chose this name to reflect its mission of creating innovative and high-performance sportswear that allows people to connect with and perform at their best in nature. I think I just found some nice running shoes for me. These could be my dream shoes. Perfect for my walks. But first I have to try them on and walk a mile in them.


*Aava is a Finnish word. I read that it means "open" or "wide". It is often used to describe expansive landscapes or horizons. The name is associated with qualities of natural beauty, freedom, and boundlessness.

*I also read that the word "Aava" is Persian for "water in its pure form".

*Shoes (22) play first thing in the morning.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is Gemini a real person?

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...