Skip to main content

Being an ideas machine

Yesterday, I answered the question, can a machine think then I thought about how in my bio I call myself an ideas machine. The word "idea" has its origins in ancient Greek. It comes from the Greek word "idein," which means "to see" or "to perceive." Over time, it evolved into the Latin word "idea," which was used to refer to mental concepts or thoughts. Eventually, it made its way into English.

I think machine because I think of a factory and machines churning out thousands of products ever so often. Bard thinks that Albert Einstein said, "The human mind is the greatest idea machine in the universe." But I could not find any evidence of the quote anywhere else online. Want to be an ideas machine then think about solving problems, be open minded and share your ideas. I am a content creator, a writer and a creative and these demand that I churn out good ideas all the time.

Ideas change people. Ideas change the world. The first chapter in my first book is titled "It starts with an idea". If Steve Jobs was selling iPhones then I am selling ideas. I dares you and I dares me to think outside the box. To see things differently. The light bulb became a symbol of ideas and innovation due to its association with Thomas Edison's groundbreaking invention, representing the transformation of creative concepts into practical reality.

Like the big eye deer I want to see beyond the ordinary with my big ideas. Beware of the ideas of march. Be careful of our assumptions. Some ideas can come back to bite us in the proverbial rear end. We have to carefully weigh the advantages and disadvantages of our ideas and consider the perspectives of all involved. We have to think about the "I do's" and "I don'ts" before we marry idea with action. Ideation is the creative process of generating, developing, and communicating new ideas.

I asked Bard for an AI-dea - I want to create an acronym for IDEA that explains idea. This is what we came up with.

IDEA stands for Insightful, Development, Exploration and Action.

This acronym captures the essence of what an idea is: a new and innovative way of thinking that can be developed, explored, and acted upon.

Insightful ideas are those that come from a deep understanding of the problem or opportunity at hand.

Development involves taking the idea and turning it into a concrete plan or prototype.

Exploration involves testing the idea and gathering feedback from others.

Action involves implementing the idea and making it a reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...