Skip to main content

What makes numbers beautiful?

This is a chapter from my fourth book called When hunger yearns

It is after 2am in the morning. I decided I wanted to be taken on a random journey somewhere. I decided to count the characters in my last chapter - What makes us beautiful? I got 3769 characters. This turned out to be a prime number. The number 2 numbers before is also prime and so we have twin primes.

Just yesterday I watched this video - Why is this number everywhere?


This is an example of how I find numbers to be beautiful. Pythagoras said, "all is number," and that tells us that everything in the universe depends on numbers. I feel like the number 3769 could take me to a random and beautiful place. I just do not know yet. A few days ago I learnt that the recent Abel prize in Maths winner was Michel Talagrand, a French mathematician. He won the 2024 prize for his work on probability theory and randomness.

Googled "3769 beautiful" and found "Edison matrix 3769. Beautiful Isle of Somewhere / Edison Mixed Quartet ; Frederick J. Wheeler ; John Young".


3769 here is the matrix number used in phonography. It is what is imprinted on that vinyl recording. The link takes me to a recording of "Beautiful Isle of Somewhere". What I learnt from wikipedia was that the song originated from a poem and became popular at funerals. The song is telling us that heaven is beautiful (comparing it to life on an island) and God is alive and heaven is where we will live anew. The Edison Mixed Quartet is a group that performs sacred vocal quartets with orchestra accompaniment.

When I Google "3769 heaven" one of the results is a post by poem heaven on twitter which shows up in Google as having 3769 reposts.


"It is time for people with good hearts to finally win"

And now back to a piece of the song and wow at how they are related.

Somewhere the day is longer,
Somewhere the task is done;
Somewhere the heart is stronger,
Somewhere the prize is won.

I like the numbers 19 and 23. I have been finding these in my writing. Phrases with 19 letters and 4 spaces (quartet) (23 in total) and occurring on page 42 of my books (19+23). 19 by 23 equals 437. 437 can be arranged to give 347. 347 is the 69th prime number. Makes me wonder if things are really random or not? Things like these make me appreciate the beauty of numbers and the beauty of "randomness". Makes me wonder if there is a mathematical code of the universe. According to wikipedia, "In physics and cosmology, the mathematical universe hypothesis (MUH), also known as the ultimate ensemble theory, is a speculative "theory of everything" (TOE) proposed by cosmologist Max Tegmark." It is controversial but is worth my time looking into further. I do not know but I find numbers to be beautiful to me.

*My last book has 37 chapters and in the 37th chapter I talk about my 37 peaces art piece which was also talked about in my first book

*There is us in n(u)mber(s)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for faith. We say we want to meet God but we already do in some ways. We meet God in his creation. We meet God every time we meet someone. We meet God every time we meet the animals. We meet God every time we meet nature. God is all around. Faith is when we can see this. This is God's world. We are God's work. We are testimony of his greatness. Everyday that goes by I think about God. Everyday I thank God for his mercy. I take my problems to God. I pray to God. God is at the center of my life. Nothing happens without the will of God and therefore I would be wise to submit to the will of God. God is in the everyday moments. God loves when we love. What is the simplest definition of faith? I think it is found in the phrase, let go and let God. I asked my friend the same question. My friend says that at its simplest, faith is trust in what you cannot see or prove. But...

Softness

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for softness. The gentleness of prayer. The calmness of the heart. The patience of the mind. The soft sounds of nature. The cool breezes of shade. The slow movement of sand in the hand. The kindness of strangers. The soothing voices of Quran. The warm embrace of the azan. I move through life with softness in my heart. I move through life with joy. I move through life wishing good for others. There is a peace that comes with being soft. The angels surround those who are soft. Soft like the winds of heaven. Soft like the clouds in the sky. Easy like Friday morning. May I never lose this softness that allows me to see beauty and goodness in everything and everyone. The world tries to harden me but I refuse. I walk upon the earth softly. I love without fear. My every breath is a prayer of gratitude. Let my heart remain like grains of sand in the hands of God that are softly he...

Light

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for light. The Quran is the light of mankind. The Quran is the light of this life. The Quran is the delight of the heart. God is the source of this light. The Quran is a miracle. God shine your light on my path and bring ease with it. Though I may struggle on your path, let me keep returning to where your light shines. What do I notice by looking at the word light? G stands in the middle of light. G for God. One side we have li for life and on the other side we have ht which is short for hayat or life in Arabic. I am almost through reading the English Quran for a second time. Today I passed surah 61 verse 6 which states that Jesus had announced the coming of the prophet (peace be upon him). That verse stood out to me out of all the verses I have read so far. Muhammad (pbuh) was the one tasked with bringing the light of the Quran for mankind. I just noticed that the end of ...